I am using the Lisa Walker Travel Award for Spring 2018 to attend a specialty conference, the Gordon Research Conference on Drug Carriers in Medicine and Biology taking place August 11-17, 2018. This conference will be attended by top academic investigators and leaders from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. At this conference I will be presenting a poster on my work entitled “Quantifying the Effect of Conjugation Site on the Intracellular Stability of Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADCs).” If selected from the poster competition, I will have the opportunity to give an oral presentation on the same topic. Since we have not yet received grant funding for my project, there are no funds allotted to cover my travel to external conferences such as the Gordon Research Conference on Drug Carriers in Medicine and Biology. Receiving the Lisa Walker Travel Award has made it possible for me to attend this conference, which will afford me the opportunity to network with potential future employers as well as publicize the Robert Fredrick Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at an internationally recognized conference on drug delivery.

-Michelle Sorkin, Alabi Group