Impact within CBE
CBE Women has contributed positively towards social well-being and professional development of graduate students in the last decade
CBE Women, annually:
Events each year
Professional Development Lunches+breakfasts
Thank you, Lisa Walker!
We are grateful to CBE alumna Lisa Walker for her generous contributions of $25,000 to our organization that have helped us run an ambitious programming and provide travel grants to female CBE graduate students.
Lisa Walker '86
Managing Partner, DHR International
Lisa Walker Travel Grant
Each semester the Secretary of CBE Women invites applications for the Lisa Walker Travel Grant. The award funds female members of CBE for travel for unique professional development opportunities up to $2000.
- Specialty Conferences: e.g. Gordon Research Symposium, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, Perovskite Solar Cells and Optoelectronics Conference, The Advanced Automotive Battery Conference, etc.
- Collaborative research: e.g. industrial internships, research internships, collaborative research, field work
- Other non-conference events such as training or classes e.g. Cold Spring Harbor, start-up management workshop, on-site experience
- Applicants must be female members of CBE, and priority will be given to PhD students. MS students and postdocs will be considered with an additional justification of why they are well suited for this award.
- Travel must occur within the 12 months following the application due date.
- Each student is eligible to receive this award in each category only once
In early September, I will be attending the 3rd Tofo Advanced Study Week on Emerging and Re-Emerging Viruses hosted in Praia do Tofo, Mozambique. Since this is an international conference, the costs to attend would normally not be affordable, but with the...
I will be going to Germany for an internship during Summer 2018, and this internship will give me industrial experience and I will get the opportunity to apply my research to an industrial system. As I want tohave a career in industrial research this internship...
The Lisa Walker travel grant is allowing me to attend the Gordon Conference on “Drug Carriers in Medicine and Biology” this August. This is most certainly the premiere conference in my research field. It brings together the top researchers across industry and...
Lisa Walker Seminar
Each year the Vice President of CBE Women organises the Lisa Walker Seminar Series. The seminars cover activities beyond the usual scope of our programming. The Lisa Walker gift enables us to invite experts, do hands-on workshops and potentially field trips (in future).
Past Lisa Walker Seminars:
Our general meetings take place every month at Olin Hall, Cornell University
113 Ho Plaza
Ithaca NY 14853