Lisa Walker Travel Grant
Lisa Walker Travel Grant
Each semester the Secretary of CBE Women invites applications for the Lisa Walker Travel Grant. The award funds female members of CBE for travel for unique professional development opportunities up to $2000.
- Specialty Conferences: e.g. Gordon Research Symposium, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, Perovskite Solar Cells and Optoelectronics Conference, The Advanced Automotive Battery Conference, etc.
- Collaborative research: e.g. industrial internships, research internships, collaborative research, field work
- Other non-conference events such as training or classes e.g. Cold Spring Harbor, start-up management workshop, on-site experience
- Applicants must be female members of CBE, and priority will be given to PhD students. MS students and postdocs will be considered with an additional justification of why they are well suited for this award.
- Travel must occur within the 12 months following the application due date.
- Each student is eligible to receive this award in each category only once
Fall 2022 Lisa Walker Travel Grant Application – Important Dates:
- Call for Applications: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Award Announcement: Friday, March 17, 2023
Lisa Walker Travel Award Overview (Spring 2023)
Application Link: https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0H6ZWpnV0ML11UW
Spring 2022 Grant Recipients
Lisa Walker Travel Grant: Apoorva Jain
With this letter, I want to express my deepest gratitude for the Lisa Walker Travel grant which enabled me to travel and participate in my first ever conference, MRS Spring 2022. I am a third-year graduate student and with this great opportunity, I was able to...
Lisa Walker Travel Grant: Alexandra Khlyustova
My name is Alexandra Khlyustova and I am a 4th-year Ph.D. Candidate in Chemical Engineering working for Assistant Professor Rong Yang. I am delighted to be one of the recipients of the Lisa Walker Travel Grant, which allowed me to present my research on antifouling...
Lisa Walker Travel Grant: Rui Gao
As one of the recipients of the Spring 2022 Lisa Walker Travel Grant, I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for your generous support. I am a 4th-year PhD candidate in the Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering working with Dr. Abraham...
Lisa Walker Travel Grant: Xin Wang
The Lisa Walker Award allowed me to attend two virtual conferences, ACS Meetings & Expos and ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium in 2021. I was awarded in 2019, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic, my conferences were postponed for one year. During this...
Thank you, Lisa Walker!
We are grateful to CBE alumna Lisa Walker for her generous contributions of $25,000 to our organization that have helped us run an ambitious programming and provide travel grants to female CBE graduate students.
Lisa Walker '86
Managing Partner, DHR International
Our general meetings take place every month at Olin Hall, Cornell University
113 Ho Plaza
Ithaca NY 14853