As one of the recipients of the Spring 2022 Lisa Walker Travel Grant, I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for your generous support. I am a 4th-year PhD candidate in the Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering working with Dr. Abraham Stroock. In my time at Cornell, I have developed a unique research story on the design and application of a bioanalytical sensor system to gain access to the dynamics of water stress in woody plants crop species such as apple, grape, and almond. Thank you to the Lisa Walker Travel Grant, I got the opportunity to attend the Gordon Research Conference on Bioanalytical Sensors, which is the premier conference in my research field. I was able to present both the sensing and modelling perspectives of my project during the poster session and meet top-notch academic investigators and leaders from relevant fields. As I am entering the last year of my doctoral study, this conference also sheds light on my career exploration and provides me with venues to network with relevant academic and industrial personnel. Thank you for making this possible!

Sincerely,

Rui Gao